You want top talent to join your healthcare organization. To achieve your goal, you need to ask the right questions during candidate interviews. That way, you can gain insights you can use to determine if a candidate is a right fit for your organization.
Here are 20 interview questions you can ask to find qualified candidates.
1. Why do you want to work here?
This helps you find out why a candidate is interested in joining your organization.
2. What is your biggest strength?
You can ask this question to find out if a candidate’s biggest strength aligns with your organization’s needs.
3. What is your biggest weakness?
You can learn about a candidate’s biggest weakness, along with ways this individual is trying to transform this weakness into a strength.
4. Can you tell me about your last job?
This allows you to learn about a candidate’s most recent work experience.
5. Do you stay up to date on healthcare advancements?
You can use this question to understand a candidate’s knowledge of the healthcare industry.
6. Why did you decide to pursue a career in healthcare?
Asking this question can help you get insights into a candidate’s passion for healthcare.
7. What do you want to accomplish in your career?
You can ask this question to learn about a candidate’s career aspirations.
8. What type of training have you received?
This allows you to learn about the training a candidate has received and if it corresponds to the training required for the role he or she wants to land.
9. What certifications do you have?
You can use this question to find out if a candidate has certifications required for a particular role.
10. What are your salary requirements?
This helps you ensure a candidate’s salary requirements align with the compensation package you can offer.
11. How do you deal with challenges at work?
You can ask this question to understand how a candidate copes with adversity at work.
12. How do you work as part of a team?
With this question, you can learn about a candidate’s ability to engage with peers and deliver results in a team environment.
13. How do you communicate with others?
This lets you discover how a candidate disseminates information with peers and patients.
14. What stood out about this particular role?
You can ask this question to understand why a candidate may be considering a role with your organization over others.
15. When are you looking to start working in a new role?
This allows you to find out if a candidate can join your organization within a specific time frame.
16. Are you considering any other offers at this time?
You can use this question to learn if a candidate has any other offers on the table from other employers.
17. Can you provide us with professional references?
This allows you to get references you can contact to help you determine if a candidate is the ideal choice for your organization.
18. Are you vaccinated for COVID-19?
You can ask this question to find out if a candidate has been vaccinated and can comply with your organization’s COVID-19 vaccination protocols.
19. What else would you like to know about the role?
This gives a candidate an opportunity to share any questions about a role and the responsibilities associated with it.
20. Do you have any questions for me?
This provides a candidate with a chance to ask questions about your organization, its culture, and other factors that may influence their decision to pursue a role.
If you want extra help with staffing, CHN Health Care Group can assist. For more information about our healthcare staffing services, please contact us today.